Chicago Felony DUI Attorney
In Illinois, any DUI charge is a serious matter. Whether it is a first, second or subsequent offense it is important to consult with a Chicago DUI lawyer who has successfully handled these cases from both sides of the fence. Our skilled legal team is made up of former prosecuting attorneys with vast experience in prosecuting and defending clients facing both misdemeanor and felony DUI charges. Our legal team is prepared to take immediate action.
Felony Charges for DUI in Chicago
There are a number of ways you can be charged with a felony as related to drunk driving. Depending upon the facts of your case, if you did not have a valid license or the vehicle was not insured the charge against you may be increased to “aggravated DUI” – a felony. You may also face a felony DUI charge for such circumstances as:
- DUI while license was suspended or revoked for a previous DUI
- Fatal injuries resulting from alleged drugged or drunk driving
- Leaving the scene of an accident with injuries or fatalities
- Reckless homicide (vehicular manslaughter)
- A DUI arrest with two prior DUI convictions in any state
- DUI while operating a school bus containing children under 18 years of age
- DUI while carrying a passenger under the age of 16
In any DUI case conviction hinges upon the prosecutor's evidence of intoxication and ability to prove that the alleged intoxication was a major factor (in the case of an accident) and that the individual had control of or was operating the vehicle. We are very experienced in trial work and skilled in interviewing and handling witnesses and in locating and exposing flaws in the prosecution's evidence to get it excluded.
If you are facing felony charges for driving under the influence, contact a Chicago felony DUI attorney at our firm. We are ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are here to fight for you!