FROM FORMER CRIMINAL & DUI PROSECUTOR TO AGGRESSIVE CHICAGO DEFENSE ATTORNEY – NOW FIGHTING FOR YOU!
When you are facing criminal charges, you need an attorney who is both experienced and resourceful. Howard J. Wise has been defending the rights of clients accused of crimes in Chicago for more than 20 years, gaining a reputation across the local area and beyond for his innovative defense tactics and record of success. Mr. Wise also has intimate knowledge of the other side of the court room as a former criminal & DUI prosecutor for the State of Illinois. He has successfully fought for clients charged with everything from traffic tickets to first degree murder. His innovative defense strategies and commitment to criminal defense have earned him numerous awards and a 10.0 Avvo rating.
Mr. Wise approaches defense strategy from a unique position, having worked as a Cook County Assistant State's Attorney in Chicago for many years. In that position, he prosecuted countless high-profile DUI and criminal cases, which allowed him to learn how the opposition thinks and operates. Today, Mr. Wise works tirelessly to defend the rights of those accused of crimes in Chicagoland and beyond. He and his team of top defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Howard J. Wise have obtained favorable outcomes for their clients—and they are ready and willing to start defending you.
Any kind of criminal charge in Chicago requires expert and aggressive representation. As an experienced Chicago criminal defense lawyer, Howard J. Wise can help you understand the charges you are facing and develop a creative, personalized strategy for your defense. Mr. Wise is as aggressive and determined as he is resourceful, and is not afraid to take your case to trial. He will be your most powerful partner in court, fearlessly fighting for your rights in the face of prosecutors and law enforcement officials determined to see you behind bars.
THE HIGH COST OF CONVICTION DEMANDS A SMART CHICAGO CRIMINAL LAWYER
Illinois is notoriously tough on crime, slamming all types of offenders with some of the most severe penalties in the country. Whether you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges, you can rest assured that our criminal justice system will take your case very seriously.
But penalties for a criminal conviction can go beyond jail or prison time and fines. Many types of criminal convictions will leave a stain on your permanent record, drastically limiting your career, housing, and educational opportunities. Today, virtually anyone can access your criminal record with the click of a mouse. Upon discovering your criminal history, prospective employers may deny you for a job. Landlords could refuse to rent property to you. Loan officers are unlikely to accept your application for a loan, and even College Board officials may choose to reject you from their institution.
In short, a criminal conviction will impact your life in a big way, from the jobs you can obtain to your relationship with friends and family. That is why it is essential to secure a criminal defense attorney who knows how to battle criminal charges and what tactics the other side will try. A reputable Chicago defense lawyer will have the know-how, tools, and resources necessary to defend you against criminal allegations, putting you in a position to have your charges reduced or dropped entirely. When you work with Howard J. Wise, you take the first step towards putting the incident behind you so you can move on with your life.
Mr. Wise understands the severity of the penalties facing you, and will defend your case with empathy, skill, and determination. Pulling from his experience as both a prosecutor and defense attorney, Mr. Wise will endeavor to protect your rights, freedom, finances, and future. From the moment you first contact the Law Offices of Howard J. Wise, he and his team of top attorneys will dedicate all their resources, time, and energies into obtaining the best possible outcome for your case.
Often times this means using the available evidence to broker a favorable deal with the prosecution and getting your charges reduced or dropped. For many lawyers, this is the only solution. Why? Because they want to do whatever they can to avoid a trial. But Mr. Wise has plenty of trial experience, and isn't afraid argue your case in front of a judge or jury if he believes that it will lead to a better outcome for you. With Howard J. Wise on your side, you can avoid criminal penalties and a lasting blemish on your reputation.
WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A STATE PROSECUTOR, WE ARE A CHICAGO CRIMINAL LAW FIRM THAT KNOWS HOW TO BUILD A SOLID DEFENSE
Understanding the law is one thing, but using the knowledge gained through years of experience on the other side of the courtroom has given us an intimate understanding of the strategies and tactics that the State uses in their prosecutorial process. Some of the defense strategies which can help build a strong defense and which we may utilize to combat these tactics are:
- Review every police report and document submitted, numerous times, to find inconsistencies and build the best defense.
- Thoroughly Review All Video and Audio recordings pertaining to your case.
- Send out our own Private Investigators to interview witnesses or to obtain information or photos of a crime scene, when necessary.
- File Motions to Quash Arrest, argue improper stops, arrests, and searches that violate our client's 4th amendment rights.
- File Motions to Quash Search Warrants (Drug Cases)
- File Motions to Suppress Statements or Identification
- File Petitions to Rescind Statutory Summary Suspension (on behalf of all of our DUI clients), to give them the best opportunity to prevent the suspension of their driving privileges.
- We will aggressively cross examine each State's witness and, by use of various methods of impeachment, will call in to question the credibility of those witnesses.
- We will use our knowledge of the rules of evidence to prevent any inadmissible evidence to be presented to a judge or jury.
- We will call witnesses to the stand who will help bolster our case and lead to a finding of Not Guilty!
- We will use our knowledge and experience to give you the best defense possible. We hate to lose!
- We will review the proceedings and file motions for a new trial when applicable.
- We will file Criminal Appeals on behalf of the client when applicable.